Monday, September 7, 2009

Photographic Recollection of Sorts...

Above is a photograph of me, glancing down at the badlands below. The photograph was clearly taken in the summer because I was wearing rolled-up jean shorts and a pink cut off shirt with white polka dots, and those brown sandals I had just purchased in Wall, South Dakota perhaps hours before the photograph was taken. My skin was paste-white (not much summer activity for me that year), legs long and thin, as they still are. My hair, short, as it was cut and dyed back to its natural hue (light-to-medium-brown) just a few weeks prior. This photograph captured the first time I ever looked atop the Badlands in South Dakota, as well as the first visit to South Dakota in my life. No one else in my family has ever even been to this place, I thought to myself as I placed my hands upon my hips. I'd imagine I was looking over everything in vast approval, knowing this is the first time I had ever ventured away from home, and so thankful high school was gone and done as of a few months prior. My freshly tattooed left arm just barely shows admist the "L" shape my stance makes between my torso and elbow. I am the lone ranger among the wolves. I am not so natural in this nature setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment